獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 19   誰瀏覽過: 107 users
28.01.2013 - 12:35
 Soul
Ideas for GC.

Okay personally and I think many would agree GC…well you'd have to pay me to use it in a regular game situation. Yes I guess the 1+hp was OP, but now I feel it's lacking and here are some suggestions I want to propose. I know I am not the only one to have post threads about this probably, but I want this settled once and for all, cause from my limited forum time it seems those other threads have just died out.

Rebuff Firepower?
+2 Attack/+2 Defense instead of the +1 attack +1hp/+1 Defense +1hp

• As far as I understand, +1hp is more effective that a +1 attack or defense (IF infantry being stronger than PD infantry are an example of this), the 2+ attack/defense was the only thing I can think of that could potentially be a middle ground between +1 attack/defense and +1 attack/defense with +1hp.

Reduced Cost?
-10 cost for both infantry and tanks

• If I remember correctly I think people like Mathdino have suggested that the cost for tanks and infantry should be reduced by say -10 to at least make this strategy more cost effective. This could be one way to help the strategy out. One issue now a days is that cost can really kill this strategy.

Increased range?
+1 range for both infantry and tanks

• Although a bit far out there, increasing the range makes the strategy more mobile, which leads to it being more deadly, although whether this is the right idea/path is up to much debate.

Make it lucky?
+2 crit for both infantry and tanks

• As it stands now GC does not buff the crit for the units it uses, this although seemingly small can give it some love to help it out, but probably not enough.

Give it a bonus?
Infantry get defense bonus against tanks (much like PD) tanks get attack bonus against infantry

• This was really the only other thing I could come up with; it'd be similar to the first suggestion (+1 attack/+1 defense against certain units which would total +2) however in this case it wouldn't help GC against all units, such as defending from SM bombers or attacking GW militia.

But what about reducing the defense and attack nerf that these units have down from -3 to -2, will that make it better?
Reduce infantry attack nerf to -2, reduce tank defense nerf by -2

• Although it may seem like a possible solution, in my opinion it is not, if you're using GC you'll be using infantry/tank stacks that are half/half. GC and the way the battle system works is designed so that on defense your infantry do all the work and the tanks won't even get involved, and vice versa for offense. The only thing this would do is make tanks and infantry better standalone units, if for some reason you decided to split your tanks and infantry. It wouldn't really help the design and nature GC is used for, rather just make it more similar to playing with no strategy.

What was wrong with +1hp? Can't we just rebuff it now that we know the nerf it got just doesn't work?
+1hp for infantry and tanks

• There was a reason why this was removed, hp just doesn't help a unit in defense or offense, it helps it in both, what this did was make GC tanks and infantry not only good at their respective roles, but also help negate their -3 attack/defense. Infantry in a stack with my general I could use like Imperialist infantry because of the hp before the nerf, giving them a bad offensive but still usable offensive, while being strong defensive units. The reality is GC infantry should be completely incapable of offense which is why it was removed; however the hp also took away the firepower it's infantry had for a defensive role as well, which we know is now lacking considering all the other factors this strategy has to deal with such as cost. Basically for example tanks +1 attack and +1hp made it more powerful than just +2 attack on offensive, and the +1hp gave it something for defensive. The power of hp isn't really realized a lot of the time due to the only strategy affected by it now is IF which is also a premium strategy.

Now I guess, like I've seen some others say, GC's firepower just doesn't match its cost, in other words it's not really cost effective compared to other strategies. The first five what I consider legitimate suggestions either A: Buff GC's power in some way so it has the bang for the buck or B: Lower the cost so the bang matches its buck and is not overpriced.

It's hard to say, but something needs to be done in my opinion, it's just the matter of what.

Anyway that is all. Now you all can go crazy on this thread just be polite and civil.

Edit:

Pinherio's Suggestion
Give back +1hp however increase nerf of tanks defense and infantry offense to say -4 instead of -3.

• I actually like the idea a bit, it isn't what I had in mind, but could definitely be a possibility.
----
作者: Amok, 12.03.2012 at 07:05

Why? It's much easier with the popup thingie buttons...

作者: Amok, 15.05.2013 at 06:51

Wow man, you're so wrong, I don't even know where to begin with
載入中...
載入中...
28.01.2013 - 13:39
Reduce it's cost might be the best option to make it more attractive in my opinion. We could also restore the old buff to HP and reduce even more it's infantries atk and tanks def, making it really useless if not combined.
----
"Whenever death may surprise us, let it be welcome if our battle cry has reached even one receptive ear and another hand reaches out to take up our arms".
載入中...
載入中...
28.01.2013 - 15:00
I like pinheiro's idea, make it how it was in the old times, but make the opposite roles of both even more deadly. The important part of GC was that your tanks and inf stayed together, so make it incredibly painful after people break the inf or the tank attacks. Just an idea ofc.
-Freeland
----
-Freeland how cliche after every post.
載入中...
載入中...
28.01.2013 - 15:07
 Soul
Added it in cause I feel like it is a legitimate suggestion to put on the table.
----

載入中...
載入中...
28.01.2013 - 15:38
It's simple.

Make Infantry 2 attack and 7 defense

Make Tanks 9 attack and 2 defense (or 3)
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
載入中...
載入中...
28.01.2013 - 16:09
I agree with this
----
Always follow your heart cause it will lead you to anywhere in life
載入中...
載入中...
29.01.2013 - 11:25
作者: Guest, 29.01.2013 at 11:21

Make tanks 10atk/0def and infantry 0atk/8def, while leaving HP as it is.
Would perfectly fit the character of the strategy.

lol at zeros.

I could agree with this actually, i thought u meant with the 1s earlier.
----
Don't trust the manipulative rabbit.
載入中...
載入中...
29.01.2013 - 15:53
 Soul
作者: Guest, 29.01.2013 at 11:21

Make tanks 10atk/0def and infantry 0atk/8def, while leaving HP as it is.
Would perfectly fit the character of the strategy.

Lol I think the zeros are a bit extreme but that's just me. I mean no unit in the game, not even the general has 0 attk or def. Even your gen gets 1/1.
----

載入中...
載入中...
30.01.2013 - 11:15
sandtime
帳戶已刪除
Support
載入中...
載入中...
30.01.2013 - 21:10
Support whatever changes are proposed, this strategy is not very good anymore. I think pinhero's suggestion rocks, as it forces even more combined arms. Support!

Can the AW engine recognise other units in the stack? If it can, you could give bonuses to units when combining arms. E.g. Inf get +1 defense when combined with anti air or bombers, Tanks get +1 atk when attacking with bombers and +1 atk when attacking with inf. Conversely tanks lose attack -1 against infantry without their own infantry backing them up.
載入中...
載入中...
30.01.2013 - 21:55
sandtime
帳戶已刪除
I have one concern if you lower tanks and inf cost by ten then Tank General would need a buff to make it more unique and better i think.
Other then that, GC really needs some kind of boast.Because as it is now it is nearly useless.
載入中...
載入中...
31.01.2013 - 13:59
Support
----
載入中...
載入中...
08.02.2013 - 09:51
 Soul
Would love to hear more comments, thanks.
----

載入中...
載入中...
20.03.2013 - 10:45
 Soul
I want change! Lol! It needs at least some fixing guys.
----

載入中...
載入中...
20.03.2013 - 19:46
作者: Soul, 20.03.2013 at 10:45

I want change! Lol! It needs at least some fixing guys.

i think the GC should get +1hp back
載入中...
載入中...
21.03.2013 - 04:05
Must've forgotten to comment here. On the 0 def and 0 attack suggestions, 0 of anything is actually not possible as things are now; everything below 1 defaults to 1 att/def.

Since that's not possible, I think TopHats's original suggestion would work best.
----
"If in other sciences we are to arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics."
-The Opus Major of Roger Bacon
載入中...
載入中...
21.03.2013 - 17:51
Support
----
www.facebook.com/GreenHavenOrg

http://thegreenhavenproject.org/
載入中...
載入中...
07.04.2013 - 00:06
Support all of these options. I would love to see anyone of these implimented.
----
I hate to advocate drugs alcohol and violence to the kids, but it's always worked for me.
載入中...
載入中...
07.05.2013 - 16:22
 Soul
作者: Tundy, 07.05.2013 at 08:03

作者: Amok, 07.05.2013 at 07:23

作者: Tundy, 07.05.2013 at 07:17

what about fixing great combinator?

What about it?

its underpower
----

載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!