獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 14   誰瀏覽過: 104 users
08.03.2022 - 22:28
 Zoe
We're seeing a new spike of players due to the Ukraine war. The last few spikes were temporary and didn't help raise the player count in the long term. Advertising right now could actually pull off since people are looking at maps more than ever and basically everyone is somehow a war strategist now. Even if there's no advertising, the least that can be done to maximize player retention is making all maps free for now. I don't see a point behind limiting players to what maps they can play, especially in a spike like this.

I also request some of the current mapmakers we have to try to make a good Ukraine vs Russia map for the new players if possible. I could definitely see mapmakers like WD, Nifty or Trystane making an addicting Ukr Russia map for the newbies. I could spare an hour or two to help if needed.
----
載入中...
載入中...
09.03.2022 - 04:09
 Dave (管理員)
I am doing the best I can with the latest spike, as I did with the previous ones. I never let an opportunity pass by without trying.

All new accounts still get 7-days of free premium, so yes new players have access to all maps for free, at least for the first week. We implemented this during the first Coronavirus spike, and it's still in effect now.

We are continuing to advertise at the same level as we have for the last 6 months or so. I'm looking into starting up Bing ads again too.

Sean Spicer has made a pretty good Ukraine vs Russia scenario, check it out if you haven't already.

Hopefully we can release World Map 2.0 by next week... it's very close to being done, just working out a few bugs. I've been working heavily on it these last 2 weeks. It may help keep some activity going for a longer term this time. (at least I hope so...)
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
09.03.2022 - 06:47
My scenario is great. But these low ranks don't know how to host scenarios. They just host maps because they don't know what a scenario is or where they are found. This is understandable since most noobs just click on "New Game" then play whatever they see--which in this case is my map because I decided to promote both my map & scenario. The map is pretty bad but they seem to like it. We need aetius back ASAP and should provide him 1. financial incentive (weekly stipend), 2. reinstate his moderatorship, 3. allow him to take down ww1 once and for all
----
Happiness = reality - expectations
載入中...
載入中...
09.03.2022 - 17:42
I wish i could help with your community but my cat sits on my keyboard whenever i try get on here
----
載入中...
載入中...
09.03.2022 - 19:11
Guess now we know who's really pulling the strings behind Ukraine.
----
Someone Better Than You
載入中...
載入中...
10.03.2022 - 06:41
 Dave (管理員)
作者: Tribune Aquila, 09.03.2022 at 06:47

My scenario is great. But these low ranks don't know how to host scenarios. They just host maps because they don't know what a scenario is or where they are found. This is understandable since most noobs just click on "New Game" then play whatever they see--which in this case is my map because I decided to promote both my map & scenario.

I've updated it so Promo'd scenarios will show up in the New Game menu too.
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
10.03.2022 - 08:34
作者: Dave, 10.03.2022 at 06:41

作者: Tribune Aquila, 09.03.2022 at 06:47

My scenario is great. But these low ranks don't know how to host scenarios. They just host maps because they don't know what a scenario is or where they are found. This is understandable since most noobs just click on "New Game" then play whatever they see--which in this case is my map because I decided to promote both my map & scenario.

I've updated it so Promo'd scenarios will show up in the New Game menu too.

omg
----
載入中...
載入中...
11.03.2022 - 18:43
Hi guys, is the game worth it when the authors are straight-out liars? Stating "Can I play for free?
You can play atWar for free for as long as you like - there's no catch and no pay-to-win. However, here are some Premium features you might be interested in. Get a subscription to support the game and unlock these useful extra features!", When with General unit being premium and being super-powerful is a clear lie - as this is the catch and thus the game is a pay-to-win.

Still, I am considering "buying" the game with full 40 USD, I am just very unsure it's worth it. So if you want to use the spike of the players, you can share here what you like about the game and why you'd think it's worth "buying". Thank you.
載入中...
載入中...
11.03.2022 - 19:03
作者: Adamos, 11.03.2022 at 18:43

Hi guys, is the game worth it when the authors are straight-out liars? Stating "Can I play for free?
You can play atWar for free for as long as you like - there's no catch and no pay-to-win. However, here are some Premium features you might be interested in. Get a subscription to support the game and unlock these useful extra features!", When with General unit being premium and being super-powerful is a clear lie - as this is the catch and thus the game is a pay-to-win.

Still, I am considering "buying" the game with full 40 USD, I am just very unsure it's worth it. So if you want to use the spike of the players, you can share here what you like about the game and why you'd think it's worth "buying". Thank you.

You should buy it because it is actually an investment. You're investing in yourself when you buy premium. You'll become an expert strategist. You'll learn the ways of Sun Tzu. You'll go on many adventures and meet friends and foes along the way. Most of all, your fluid IQ should increase by 10-15 points after you've mastered the "hot key" function. Then, if you decide to engage in RP, you're just a few steps away from becoming a real-life diplomat. Without the financial investment, you'll have less attachment to the game and thus might not obtain these benefits. In fact, you should pour as much money as you can into PC so that way you're highly financially invested. At which point, you'll have no choice but to become one of the world's leading strategists.
----
載入中...
載入中...
12.03.2022 - 07:52
 brianwl (管理員)

i played for years without premium... if you look at the high ranks, yes most are premium, but there are some players who have played for years without premium.

You have to pick your games a bit... rushing into clanwars with the top ranked players without a general is not advised, but even with a general, you aren't likely winning any of those games until you develop your skills. But generally, if you are playing with players with similar skill, or other non premium players, you will see that the general is not 'pay to win' -
It does give an advantage, but if you are skilled, you can overcome that advantage, and if you are average, you play with other non-premium players and gang up on the premium player ♥
----

載入中...
載入中...
13.03.2022 - 11:17
Thanks for your apply. I get what you say, only thing I disagree with is it is not pay to win - as anything paid that gives you any advantage makes the title automatically a pay to win. The degree of pay-to-win effect between such games of course differs. Also there are strategies (not sure if good ones) available only to premium accounts. I am not arguing that a premium noob will beat skilled non-premium player.

You made good point with ganging up against - does it happen a lot? Or mostly it's any leading player which is being ganged upon?
載入中...
載入中...
13.03.2022 - 16:20

There are some maps and scenarios without generals. They're a minority admittedly but they exist.
----
Someone Better Than You
載入中...
載入中...
14.03.2022 - 07:05
 brianwl (管理員)
作者: Adamos, 13.03.2022 at 11:17

Thanks for your apply. I get what you say, only thing I disagree with is it is not pay to win - as anything paid that gives you any advantage makes the title automatically a pay to win. The degree of pay-to-win effect between such games of course differs. Also there are strategies (not sure if good ones) available only to premium accounts. I am not arguing that a premium noob will beat skilled non-premium player.

You made good point with ganging up against - does it happen a lot? Or mostly it's any leading player which is being ganged upon?

It's one way to meet people.... it's a while since i was rank1, but i know i played people at my rank or slightly higher the first few games. Often these were 1v1 - i didn't want to be the one being ganged up on! Rank 5'ish i felt i had enough skill to at least stand a chance, and started playing games with players usually +/- 2 my rank. As soon as you get games like this with 5 or more people, i would say yes, it happens a lot... by then hopefully you know a couple other players, and you can work with them to fight an opponent you feel you can't beat on your own... ♥

(Looked up pay to win.. definition seems you are correct.. i was probably using an urban dictionary definition:

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pay-to-win

i.e. the game isn't so unbalanced that a skilled player can't win... AW let's you play balanced games without paying is what i was thinking.
----

載入中...
載入中...
14.03.2022 - 13:59
作者: Adamos, 13.03.2022 at 11:17

That is true, but for example in my case i was a free player till like r10 or 11 and had no problem facing premium players etc, it served as a good way of geting good enough to counter and beat them so when i did end up buying premium it was like geting a strong boost ontop of my current skills.

Personaly i find upgrades gained via SP more important then premium which is why i only let r7 minimal enter my lobbies. Their is also some clans and comunities that help its free players get premium via PC donations etc for those that cant afford it.
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!