‹‹ 返回 Bugs
獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 17   誰瀏覽過: 46 users
15.02.2021 - 05:27
 Mobster (版主)
Expected behavior
I clone the world map first, then upload my own background. It shouldn't be corrupted when I save it. And it shouldn't take 20 mins long I guess, it used to take like 2 minutes in SL editor.

Actual behavior
When I save it, it's either corrupted or not saved at all. I get connection loss problems while doing it. Also browser freezes etc. Even my pc freezes sometimes, even though it's not a bad pc.

Steps to reproduce the behavior
1- Clone the classic World map
2- Upload your own background image (High quality, 16 MB and 20k or something)
3- Save the map (it takes like 20 minutes for me)
4- Click preview of that map on maps tab. Zoom in to see that it's corrupted

Information:
Browser: Tried on clean cache of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Torch, Opera

Browser version: All latest

Any other relevant information:
1- My Internet speed is not very good. But this bug doesn't happen in SL editor. I was actually able to save the background in one of my old maps 2 days ago. And it took a few minutes to save.
2- I have never had any problem like this when I made a map from 0. I think It happens in Cloned maps that are from SL version

Attachments:
Other browsers:

Torch browser failure: (this one got a critical hit...)
載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 00:40
 Dave (管理員)
I tested this using your map image (which I did receive from your link, thank you), and I am able to reproduce it. It does the same thing on my end as what you described.

I *think* the issue is the size of the file (16MB) takes so long to process given our existing code, that something somewhere must be timing out before it can finish. That's just a guess. Unfortunately finding an exact solution will likely take a lot of time, so it will be a while before I can do anything about it.

For a temporary solution I think if you compress the JPG file to make it smaller, it will probably work. The dimensions (9999x5300) are fine... but I bet if you compressed the file you could easily reduce the filesize by half (8MB or maybe even less).

I will keep this ticket open until I have a chance to come up with a proper solution for large image files, but like I said I'm sure it will be a while....
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 08:50
 Mobster (版主)
Today I uploaded a very low-quality version (1,62 MB) of the background, unfortunately I got the same result.

I actually have an idea about the problem. I will explain it step by step:

These screenshots are from my suspended project "Führerreich Map 1.0.0"
1-I zoom in to a random part of the map, everything looks okay right?

2-I move the borders that were made some time ago and see what... There is something underneath. The borders are wrought into the background:

3- I then upload a low quality version of the background to change the current one. Imagine it as a different background. Then I save it. And the background seems fixed now:

4- But wait. When I move the borders a little more, I see the background is worked again.

So, the saving process includes this work on the background. And it should probably take hell of alot of time for the World Map when you change the background, because it has to do it from 0 for every single border. It's weird that this process happened in SL too but like I said, there wasn't any problems about this in SL.

Also... This process is probably necessary for the borders to be visible in-game. Because in game borders don't look like the borders we make in the editor, they actually look like the wrought ones into the background. An ss from that area in-game:

So maybe it should do this process in more queues, if it's possible and if this is the problem...
載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 11:24
 Witch-Doctor (版主)
載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 14:28
 Mobster (版主)
作者: Witch-Doctor, 16.02.2021 at 11:24

Try using this browser. When you try to save, it will freeze for a bit, but just walk away and come back in 5 minutes.

https://portableapps.com/downloading/?a=FirefoxPortableLegacy52&n=Mozilla%20Firefox,%20Portable%20Edition%20Legacy%20%2052&s=s&p=&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortableLegacy52_52.9.0_English.paf.exe

Sadly I got the same result. (I walked away for 35 mins)
http://prntscr.com/zrnyoz
載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 16:35
 Witch-Doctor (版主)
作者: Mobster, 16.02.2021 at 14:28

作者: Witch-Doctor, 16.02.2021 at 11:24

Try using this browser. When you try to save, it will freeze for a bit, but just walk away and come back in 5 minutes.

https://portableapps.com/downloading/?a=FirefoxPortableLegacy52&n=Mozilla%20Firefox,%20Portable%20Edition%20Legacy%20%2052&s=s&p=&d=pa&f=FirefoxPortableLegacy52_52.9.0_English.paf.exe

Sadly I got the same result. (I walked away for 35 mins)
http://prntscr.com/zrnyoz

Your map is too high quality then. You need to keep it below 20 MB. I noticed anything 20 MB or higher will appear blank.
載入中...
載入中...
16.02.2021 - 22:59
From a personal experience (with my nyc map) this issue does not have to do with map background image file size .. but rather the number of borders the map has .. you can reproduce this using world map:

1) If you clone world map with borders .. you would never be able to reuplod any background image no matter what browser you use (firefox is the best tho for editor like WD said) .. no matter how good your pc is (i tried to use a powerful programing computer at my work and still failed) .. and no matter what quality/size the file image is! It will always freeze whilst uploading and then times out due to inactivity before the upload is successful!

2) If you clone world map without borders (which is useless but just for the sake of science) .. you would literally be able to reulpoad any background image within seconds! (even if its 20MB which is the max size you can upload!)

3) If you clone world map with borders but then you delete roughly half the borders (say for example Americas and Australia and just keep Eurasia + Africa borders) and reupload whatever background image .. the editor will struggle a little bit but then if you use firefox and have decent pc .. it will be successful if you give it some time and patience!

Hope this helps tackling this issue a little bit
----
Meso
載入中...
載入中...
17.02.2021 - 00:39
 Dave (管理員)
作者: Mesopotamia, 16.02.2021 at 22:59

From a personal experience (with my nyc map) this issue does not have to do with map background image file size .. but rather the number of borders the map has .. you can reproduce this using world map:

1) If you clone world map with borders .. you would never be able to reuplod any background image no matter what browser you use (firefox is the best tho for editor like WD said) .. no matter how good your pc is (i tried to use a powerful programing computer at my work and still failed) .. and no matter what quality/size the file image is! It will always freeze whilst uploading and then times out due to inactivity before the upload is successful!

2) If you clone world map without borders (which is useless but just for the sake of science) .. you would literally be able to reulpoad any background image within seconds! (even if its 20MB which is the max size you can upload!)

3) If you clone world map with borders but then you delete roughly half the borders (say for example Americas and Australia and just keep Eurasia + Africa borders) and reupload whatever background image .. the editor will struggle a little bit but then if you use firefox and have decent pc .. it will be successful if you give it some time and patience!

Hope this helps tackling this issue a little bit

Gotta love the map editor..... If you clone the world map during a full moon while chanting a native american prayer and standing on only your left foot, then it works correctly. Otherwise, everything explodes. Makes total sense.

Seriously though, this is good info, thanks... I'll keep this in mind when I have some time to work on it again. Maybe it will give me some clue to find the root problem.
----
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
17.02.2021 - 16:03
 Witch-Doctor (版主)
作者: Mesopotamia, 16.02.2021 at 22:59

The browser I linked actually doesnt time out for whatever reason so your map background will eventually be uploaded.
載入中...
載入中...
18.02.2021 - 04:36
Ooo I thought it was just the firefox browser ... looks like its a special edition .. I will give it a try when I get a chance
----
Meso
載入中...
載入中...
20.02.2021 - 06:34
Ha
載入中...
載入中...
09.07.2021 - 15:39
 Mobster (版主)
So I realized my internet sucks compared to the people who are able to make maps... (Wanna mention that they have superior American internet)

This is what I always get when I try to save a world map, even though my internet is never down:

My upload speed is 6 mbs, download is 35. While the superior American internet has about 40upload/900download

Is there a way to fix this?

These didn't work btw:
Throttle Javascript timers in background Disabled
Calculate window occlusion on Windows Disabled

PC specs:
8G Ram, i5 4460 CPU, W10

Background music:
載入中...
載入中...
09.07.2021 - 22:21
 Witch-Doctor (版主)
作者: Mobster, 09.07.2021 at 15:39

So I realized my internet sucks compared to the people who are able to make maps... (Wanna mention that they have superior American internet)

This is what I always get when I try to save a world map, even though my internet is never down:

My upload speed is 6 mbs, download is 35. While the superior American internet has about 40upload/900download

Is there a way to fix this?

These didn't work btw:
Throttle Javascript timers in background Disabled
Calculate window occlusion on Windows Disabled

PC specs:
8G Ram, i5 4460 CPU, W10

Background music:

Add me as collab and give me the background image, I'll upload it for you.
載入中...
載入中...
10.07.2021 - 00:02
 Mobster (版主)
作者: Witch-Doctor, 09.07.2021 at 22:21

Thank you but one save won't be enough
載入中...
載入中...
27.02.2022 - 04:56
 Dave (管理員)
I know you already know this @Mobster but this issue is fixed as of the last map editor update.

By the way I did also increase the max background size to 32MB. I did several tests with a 28MB JPG image and it was working fine, so the file's size does not seem to be an issue anymore.

However, there IS still a problem with larger dimensions images. I wanted to increase it but when I tried it started fucking up in strange ways, and I haven't been able to figure that part out yet. The largest safe dimensions seem to be 9999x9999. Someday I'll figure out how to solve that part of it, but that's a different issue.
----
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
27.02.2022 - 05:38
 Mobster (版主)
作者: Dave, 27.02.2022 at 04:56

The largest safe dimensions seem to be 9999x9999. Someday I'll figure out how to solve that part of it, but that's a different issue.

Wow, a map with size more than 9999x9999 would be very strange and cool. xD
載入中...
載入中...
27.02.2022 - 11:39
作者: Mobster, 27.02.2022 at 05:38

作者: Dave, 27.02.2022 at 04:56

The largest safe dimensions seem to be 9999x9999. Someday I'll figure out how to solve that part of it, but that's a different issue.

Wow, a map with size more than 9999x9999 would be very strange and cool. xD

If Dave is succesful on that it will be my wildest drams finally became true and then i could die on peace, man. Yes since ever i had been dreaming on make a super 17k x 15k detailled map lmao
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!