獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 1   誰瀏覽過: 87 users
18.02.2020 - 00:53
 Dave (管理員)
About a week ago I banned DoubleOsix. There is incorrect information circulating about this, so I wish to set the record straight:

1) The case started when someone (who shall remain anonymous) shared information with me that the DoubleOsix account was being used by 2 banned players, xBugs and Black Swans.

2) Looking at DoubleOsix's account, I noticed the link to Black Swans, so I concluded he was probably sharing with Swans.

3) One of the devices used to access DoubleOsix's account is the identical make/model device xBugs is known to use. So I concluded he was probably also sharing with xBugs.

Based on these 3 pieces of information, it seemed very probable the information I received was correct. So, I banned DoubleOsix's account.

A few days later, DoubleOsix reacted by making an inappropriate post about it in the forums. As it says in our rules, do not post about moderation actions in the forums, instead contact the moderator responsible for the ban directly. In this case, it was me he should have contacted. However for reasons I don't understand, DoubleOsix contacted several mods and admins, and he never messaged me directly. (For future reference, things would have been much simpler if he had just contacted me directly.) Instead he made a public post designed to stir up trouble, which just made things worse for himself.

However... certain individuals have contacted me privately on DoubleOsix's behalf and asked me to look into this. So, I've spent some time just now checking the facts, trying to sort out what is true and what is false. This is what I found:

1) DoubleOsix and Black Swans appear to be linked because of the Fight Shadow account. However it's possible what Osix said about not sharing with Swans may be true, it could be that Fight Shadow was used only to make 2v2s possible... I can't prove that 100% either way.

2) It is true that DoubleOsix and xBugs use an identical device. This is highly suspicious.... I can't say too much else about it without giving away details to xBugs (who reads these forums, and has been actively searching for ways around our banning systems). All I can say is... it's possible it could be just a coincidence that they both own the same exact kind of device.

You are all aware how many issues and problems we've had with certain people. I am just a person who wants a healthier community, and I've been working hard to push the trolls and the cheaters out of the game. But even I can make mistakes, and if so it's never too late to admit it and improve. Given the information I've explained here, which makes DoubleOsix's account look so suspicious, and knowing my motivation to clean up the community, I hope you all understand my reasons to apply the ban.

That being said, I also believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. While it seems to me unlikely, it is possible the explanations Osix gave may be true. So, I've removed the ban from DoubleOsix. (Let's hope I don't regret it.)
----
All men can see these tactics whereby I conquer,
but what none can see is the strategy out of which victory is evolved.
--Sun Tzu

載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!