獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 3   誰瀏覽過: 42 users
24.07.2019 - 14:21
Hi everyone,

As nobody knows, I'm making this big project of a fantasy custom map. The question of today is: should I put more units and/or money in the center of the map or at the borders?

I would say in the center, because borders are protected by one or two sides so you can balance that by lowering the "power" (more units/resources availables). The center is less protected and usually fights more so I should put more power in there.

But I think I red somewhere that the center usually is more powerful and usually wins. What can you say about this? If your answer would be "depend", do you have some particular considerations you have understood about this topic.

Thanks a lot for all help guys
載入中...
載入中...
24.07.2019 - 15:29
作者: Megalexa, 24.07.2019 at 14:21

Hi everyone,

As nobody knows, I'm making this big project of a fantasy custom map. The question of today is: should I put more units and/or money in the center of the map or at the borders?

I would say in the center, because borders are protected by one or two sides so you can balance that by lowering the "power" (more units/resources availables). The center is less protected and usually fights more so I should put more power in there.

But I think I red somewhere that the center usually is more powerful and usually wins. What can you say about this? If your answer would be "depend", do you have some particular considerations you have understood about this topic.

Thanks a lot for all help guys

No point in doing big fantasy projects, too long and no one plays them. If you're making a map, start small then think about making big ones.
Good fantasy maps are rare and need to be crafted very carefully. Nifty already is the faglord of fantasy maps, some are shit. Most are pretty good to okayish. Learn from his if you really want to make them types.

Maps are too buggy and long to make, make sure you REALLY want to make it first, because it takes ages to make one... And then, low plays. It's rare and difficult to get map plays. This community is very fussy when it comes to playing maps.
----
*War in Europe again isn't good for anyone... that's why the EU is an Absolute! Long Live The Forth Realm! Long Live Europe!*
載入中...
載入中...
24.07.2019 - 19:44
 4nic
I think atwar is generally more interested in historical maps and scenarios instead of fantasy ones, so yeah what deefried said, make sure you really want to make it first.
----
''Everywhere where i am absent, they commit nothing but follies''
~Napoleon

載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!