獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 156   誰瀏覽過: 912 users

原發表

發表從 Dave, 03.12.2018 - 00:32
Hi everyone!

As you've heard I'm the new admin. I'd like to introduce myself, share some of my ideas/plans for atWar, and most importantly get your input.

About me: my name's David (most people call me Dave), from Los Angeles, CA, USA. I'm a programmer by trade and I run a small business creating various apps/software.

I'm new to atWar -- to be honest, I've only been playing for one month. My first knowledge of the game was when I heard the owners were considering selling it. I decided to do some due diligence, so I signed up for the game to see if it was something worth buying. Even though my initial interest was purely from a business perspective, I immediately fell in love with the game. I guess it's kind of a special niche, but I absolutely love strategy/war games like this.

I think the game has a lot going for it, but I also have some concerns. These can be summarized in 3 general categories:

- Bugs. Nothing so terrible that prevented me from playing the game, but definitely there are some bugs that need fixing.

- Stagnating user base. I saw the traffic and revenue numbers. Long story short, they've been more or less slowly declining since 2014. They could be worse, but they could be a lot better.

- Toxicity in the community. There's no point trying to sugar coat this. As a new player, I couldn't believe the negative stuff I saw in the forums and in chat. Some people are nice and welcoming, but there are also some jerks who must get their kicks bullying new players. I'm not naming names, but it's really astonishing -- we've got folks who on the one hand complain about atWar "dying", and then at the same time piss on new players.

I doubt this is "news" to any of you. Reading the forums, it's clear you are all aware of these issues. So what you probably want to know is... what am I planning to do about it?

- Bugs: it's simple, we'll fix them. It will take some time, but it can be done.

- Stagnating user base: I think there are 2 parts to fixing this. 1) bringing in new players, and 2) keeping players around. We can address #1 by investing in some marketing, which is something I am looking into. However to keep players, we need to reduce the toxicity problem, which leads me to:

- Toxicity in the community. I'm not sure how or why things got so bad, but it needs to stop. I'm going to start by making sure our moderators have the tools and resources they need. This might mean adding more moderators, or it might mean giving our existing moderators more powers. I will be talking with our mods about this issue.

Now, I'm not one of these guys who comes in and changes everything. I may take a hard line on certain issues that I think are really important. But for the most part I'm here to listen... there are many people who have been playing this game for a long time and I want to hear your thoughts. I want to enjoy playing atWar just like you do.

One more thing I want to say. I know it was a difficult decision for Amok and Ivan to part with atWar. They created it, they put a lot of blood sweat and tears into it. I think it pained them a lot that they just didn't have the time it needed. I know they still want to see atWar succeed and I'm honored they agreed to let me take the reins. I just want to say that Amok and Ivan will always be welcome here, whenever their schedules permit.

I've shared what my top priorities are at the moment, so now it's your turn. I'm open to any issues or ideas you have. Please reply to this thread with your thoughts... I look forward to your input!

Best wishes,
Dave
05.12.2018 - 22:43
Welcome David.

Please kill roleplay so I can come back and kill these scrubs that spam shit with $90k income and think that's how the game should be played.
----

TJM !!!
載入中...
載入中...
06.12.2018 - 04:10
Welcome David

I'm not sure if those issues were mentioned but please give priorities to these bugs, all related to disconnect issues.

1. Session expires/timeouts too early, I login with google and after few minutes I need to login again.
2. I hosted a game earlier and put it on hold, after 1 hour it throw me out and the game started by itself, it should allow me to join the game again and leave the game on hold until I start or I disband it
3. I try to host a game with 15 people, we can't find time to connect all at the same time thats why I put the game on hold, people after acquiring a country should be able to leave the game and join later with the acquired country still selected but instead they forced to acquire country again, which means I need to wait until all 15 people are connected at the same time, its almost impossible for me.

EDIT:
I reported the bugs in correct forum section, ignore the above message thanks
https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39551#m669696
----
"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great
載入中...
載入中...
06.12.2018 - 14:33
Hello Dave,

it's in your best interest to kick me and people like me from this game. The core playerbase that is toxic. Tbh that's only reason I used to hang around here. Yeah toxicity goes both ways, but it sure has been fun calling people niggers and stuff.
Only thing that pissed me here is russian propaganda, but I guess that is because this game gathers usually right-wingers. Anyhow you should probably remove lifetime premium to maximize profits, instead make it yearly 40 bucks option.

Glhf
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

載入中...
載入中...
07.12.2018 - 01:16
Time to learn some marketing techniques.....Its a give and take thing David. And you seem to be a business guy. Lets see how you turn this dead game into profit yielding engine.... I will try to discern( and possibly aping ) your strategies.
載入中...
載入中...
07.12.2018 - 09:14
Kaska
帳戶已刪除
作者: Black Swans, 06.12.2018 at 14:33

Hello Dave,

it's in your best interest to kick me and people like me from this game. The core playerbase that is toxic. Tbh that's only reason I used to hang around here. Yeah toxicity goes both ways, but it sure has been fun calling people niggers and stuff.
Only thing that pissed me here is russian propaganda, but I guess that is because this game gathers usually right-wingers. Anyhow you should probably remove lifetime premium to maximize profits, instead make it yearly 40 bucks option.

Glhf

Fuck off nigga don't touch my lifetime
載入中...
載入中...
07.12.2018 - 14:08
Kill rp = make atwar great again. And about new players, they should't play on main server (exept in private games). Make beginner for rank 0-7 and main 8+ and everybody happy.
----
Asatru
載入中...
載入中...
08.12.2018 - 10:14
I have a suggestion as well: add new units to the game. The atWar basic units resemble much of what a standard army looks like: tanks, infantry, airforce, navy etc. However I think those 2 units should be included; one as a main unit, the other provided as upgrade/rare unit.

1. Armoured (fighting) Vehicles.

Nowadays nearly every army relies on those beauties, whereas tanks are still deployed but not nearly as much as the armoured vehicles (in german: the "Panzerwagen"). A great example is the Bushmaster, used by both the Dutch and Australian forces during wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Protected_Mobility_Vehicle
This should be included as a main battle unit. While the raw power of such vehicles may lack behind that of a tank, its great advantage is obviously maneuverability and transport.

2. Unmanned combat aerial vehicles.

Or, as we know them, drones. Drones are used for precision strikes to whipe out specific targets. Nowadays used by high-tech military countries like Israël and the USA. However it is clear that drones will be used more often in the near future and are already indispensable for todays warfare. More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unmanned_combat_aerial_vehicle
I think atWar should provide players with the option to buy this as an upgrade, or at the very least should be included in battles with special/rare units.
載入中...
載入中...
08.12.2018 - 21:27
Hello chief, you have really opened up a big can of worms. when you ask for these peoples input. you better get you a valium and a cold one, because they are gonna wear you out. ( me first tho ) i will agree with one thing you said. player retention. i have posted about it before in conversations, it just seems like it gets swept under the rug and is irrelevant. since i have joined, i have played with people (war with and against) who were civil in tone. then they just disappear. it sucks. whats left is small clicks. room monitors who like to put their foot on peoples head and punch them in the nuts. and the beginners room knuckleheads who like to talk nonsense. good luck on the marketing. the world has changed since avalon games.
載入中...
載入中...
08.12.2018 - 21:59
What a time to be alive

Welcome Dave and good luck. This game has brought people together and divided many, but we all love it. I know otherwise me and many others wouldnt be here.

Glad to see waffel commented here, usually he doesnt give a shit about anything <3

I really look forward on a day where this game will be popular, and ill look back into where i perosnally started, how this game got build up, all the clans and competitiveness.

#LetsDoIt
載入中...
載入中...
10.12.2018 - 02:15
Hey david basically im having sexe soon soooo yeah..
載入中...
載入中...
10.12.2018 - 05:54
Some new units, especially a naval defence unit, would be nice. Also new upgrades (not OP ones) would be good.
載入中...
載入中...
11.12.2018 - 03:49
Hi David ,

you really have to turn the game arround.
dont make it about the money , but make it more competetive

i refuse to play noobs with all my upgrades because theres absolutely no fun in it
you can bring the fun back in2 the game by making it more competetive... how u ask?

give all newbees all upgrades
rank up = loose advantage. u loose an upgrade .. not gain .. its just absurd
載入中...
載入中...
11.12.2018 - 13:33
I'm liking Dave already — though I'm heavily biased, since I'm not only a new player as well, but also from LA and a (first year) comp sci major too. This guy is my clone

But as for advice, I'd game it out like this: sort out the existing player base first. Let's get all the new rules/tweaks sorted out and working swell before we move on. Then it would make sense to roll out marketing with a preplanned gradual shift in the actual rules of the game and fixing of bugs and payment methods, eg adding new units, fixing some casual bugs, perhaps changing how the battle mechanics, testing out some alternative move schemes, stuff like that. The most egregious bugs being fixed prior to marketing this. After that, the we can use the opinions of the growing player base to see how we roll out the rest of the fixes.

Just my two cents, and welcome! Atwar has the seeds of a great game, you can make this thing grow.
載入中...
載入中...
12.12.2018 - 18:12
I agree the community is toxic but the freedom of speech it gives to allow people all over the world to share ideas regardless of what they are is a major aspect of this game. Being an American as well I hope you value the freedom of speech that comes with freedom of expression. I do not believe in any censorship or banning of ideas and words as that will lead a large group to abandon the game all together. Several people will use vulgarities in game but when it comes to it they will say gg and ally end with the same people which gives atwar a charm that veterans like and new players fail to understand. I do believe the discrimination against low ranks is a problem and that is very toxic but the fact they can come from beginner with no problems and join regular games with no experience leads to failed games. I think that leads to immense toxicity as no one wants to risk a low rank being inexperienced joining and ruining a game.
載入中...
載入中...
12.12.2018 - 18:38
作者: K_Himmelreich, 04.12.2018 at 21:49

- I might get memed for this, but in regards to the toxicity of the community, it won't be solved by people who bitch and whine about their feelings being hurts or ego's being shut down by another person's insults. Back then, people quite freely used the Mute/Ignore feature and went on with playing. Now It it seems that people oh so conveniently forgot this exists due to a malicious intent to attack the people they deem ideological enemies like some sort of crusade and trying to convince new developer blood into feeding their self-interest. (I'd say that is toxic in itself) One aspect of AW's chat is that people like to fight each other, make jokes and banter about. Even if some of the content projected is triggering to those with self worth issues. Every insult is mostly a joke as I've observed and the only real trash talk is when discussing a players skill (These are the arguments that turn heated most of the time). Players here for awhile have developed thick skins and it's mostly the lower ranks who complain. If people cannot handle that not everyone is going to carter/pamper them and fit their singular worldviews, then helping their mental sickness isn't possible, but they should not force nonsense here or towards David, begging him to make them feel "Safe". Although, another layer to "toxicity" is when two players have a PERSONAL confrontation and since this is a chat based game, it can be observed and more often than not laughed at for the sheer stupidity. (Plenty of personal beef can be noted on this site) Some of the toxicity is fake, some for the fun of triggering others, and some may be genuine. However, cracking down on such subjectivity within thought/language needs mediation not annihilation.

- Rankism is legitimate: but the only reason has developed is the overt trolling of the very new blood we seek to acquisition. Failed games, complaints and pestering of older players. Those who stay are quite patient and love this game as proof for them being here taking the torture. To solve this would require a tutorial that is not so useless and more interactive. Perhaps a YT channel or Media page could also assist in "educating" the new about AW mechanics and Basically culture. AW is a mix of those from many backgrounds, nations and perceptions. Of course there will be conflict, but it could be lessened (maybe). This also adds to the "toxicity" since other people with wholly opposite values do tend to "troll" such as the time with our Turkish infestation period of AW where the praising of ottoman glory, Islamic glorification, Christianity bashing and lack of proper communication due to English not being spoken was a thing. Also didn't help when the Balkan population (Serb/Croat met the Turkish one). Good example of cross-cultural conflict.

- Getting older players to be less hostile to newbros: This is a hurdle that is really the obstacle, not rankism itself. Many high ranks are willing to teach, mentor and help newbros. Some are just blatantly anti-new or anti-instruct. But this has always been around. It may not be easy to introduce.

- *COUGH* the map editor, needs to be like it was during the glorious Silverlight days, once that content generator is completely fixed and able to be utilized, then AW shall soar like it was always meant to.

- Chat and speech: This is a valued aspect of the game, changing this will not sit well with the influx or maintenance our "specific" player base of historical map loving blood-lusting psychopaths.

- Last but not least: "Want a Mod who knows the difference between troll, meme and attack? Want a mod who won't abuse and hawk-eye the mods who do? Want a new era of peaceful bloodletting purges of the areas of radioactive poison? A promoter and advocator of all maps and game modes? A kind and impartial stout? # Libra goals, Well look no further, Himmy for Mod 2k19! Promote and support the rise of the 12/7 mod today! - Propaganda brought to you by Stalin's Ministry of Love.

HIMMY FOR MOD
載入中...
載入中...
13.12.2018 - 18:19
fuck you bitch
帳戶已刪除
Bye Amok and Ivan. It was a fun ride.
載入中...
載入中...
13.12.2018 - 18:38
 GDK
Honestly i dont think toxicity should/will change. yeah you got people who say terrible things, BUT its the internet your gonna get that regardless and all you simply have to do is block or ignore someone who acts this way instead of talking about consequences. hopefully atwar wont turn into a 2018 sanctuary site where you cant tell someone shutup or you risk getting banned cause of pc culture.
載入中...
載入中...
13.12.2018 - 20:56
Dave, I am a decently long-time member, premium, a higher rank, coalition founder/leader, and well respected as being level-headed and fair. I would be happy to help serve as a moderator if given the proper tools to do so (mainly the ability to initially suspend accounts for inappropriate language or behavior that could later be upheld or reversed by a voting board of other moderators perhaps). As for other suggestions...
1. New units/upgrades across the board. I've seen others have various suggestions over time with anything from stationary naval and city defenses, to troop carriers, to drones.
2. Keep the Beginners and the Main room separate by removing the ability of hosts to limit the ranks of a game. If you want to play with the big boys, then play with them....otherwise go back to the Beginners room.
3. Eliminate many of the excess maps that are not being used often....probably a cost effective measure as it would limit the amount of server space you need. It also would force more players into fewer maps and games, thereby creating more of a sense of community.
4. To increase profits (even if only to keep the game afloat) I would have no problem seeing an advertising window or ticker-tape on the various screens. Most of us are used to that in other apps/games/radio/television anyway. Someone has to pay for things and I am perfectly fine with it being various other companies.

I look forward to seeing/hearing back from you.
----
War does not determine who is right - only who is left.
Bertrand Russell
載入中...
載入中...
15.12.2018 - 23:25
People have mentioned how the general makes it play to win. The general does help a lot. One thing we could do is premium for map making. If you make a map and it gets a certain number of plays in a month or votes in a month then you get premium for a month or two.

Another thing I would like to see especially in the beginner room and even the main room is a game that is generated every hour or so by atwar itself. It would just cycle through 12-20 good maps like WW1 and the to map and such. We could have a thread on the forum to discuss which maps to have up at a time. It gets boring for people to play only the world map. I think this would help retain new members and keep premium functionality.

As far as roleplay is concerned, some people really like roleplay maps. Which is fine, but a lot of rp maps are point farms. This should be addressed. There should be some kind of guideline as far as how much points you should expect to make per turn and per game and each map should adhere to that. I think there should also be a map approving authority for any map that comes out. Basically just to make sure that the map works. We have too many maps that don't work and that no one plays.

I absolutely positively hate the "Other" units. You start a game, you pick guerilla warfare or mos and then you find out that none of your bonuses apply to stealth units because they're classified as other. I think this category should be gotten rid of completely.

I would also like to propose introducing a building or emplacement category since some maps use forts and trenches. We could have a strategy and/or upgrades for the category, that focuses on emplacements and buildings. Cheaper buildings or more hp and one more unit per city if it has an emplacement. Just some thoughts.
載入中...
載入中...
16.12.2018 - 03:38
Hi Dave,

I have a few suggestions that might help the game.

I don't know a lot of the technical issues so i can't propose any improvements on that. But for the game itself there have been some thoughts of my own that can help it, as i am an experienced 'scenario' player:

Firstly, i think it can help the scenario scene if (team- based games), you get less sp by surrendering than defeat. Or in a positive sentence, one gets more sp when he is defeated than he surrenderes. It can encourage players in a team based games to fight on and help your team. However, this can mean that players can '' troll'' and not surrender when the game is already done for. To solve this issue, any team can propose a surrender vote. When it passes the vote by majority the game is finished and the losing side is defeated instead of surrender.

Secondly, there are obvious differences between high ranks and lower. But i see quite often that higher ranks fail in comparison to some lower ranks. To help this issue one could implement a 'new' ranking system , that ranks you by your wins. So one gets points for winning in a map, and loses points by leaving/ losing. In this matter, you get more points relatively than one you lose points. So for example, you get 30 points by winning, and 15 by losing. Or we could just implement '' SP 2'', SP is the normal SP everyone gets from a game, SP 2 is the points you get/ lose from a win/ loss. Just implement elo system from dueling to normal games.

Thirdly, for the scenario maps, it can help to let the join option open for the first few turns. So when a player leaves, someone else can fill it up. This has been mentioned before. and i think it can greatly help fix the 'failed' games issue.

Fourthly, as mentioned in the previous comment. One map should be available for play for any player, prem or not prem each week. It can encourages variety in different plays of maps since non- prems can start it. Also, i think everyone in this map have all '' gen upgrades'' or maybe even all upgrades. In this case non- prems can have the general benefits of a premium as well. Which in turn can help promote non-prems to buy premium.

Fifthly, i miss the protodrops, I remember games with 50+ players last year. Suddenly there was a lot of activity.
載入中...
載入中...
22.12.2018 - 00:28
作者: ITSGG1122, 16.12.2018 at 03:38

Hi Dave,

I have a few suggestions that might help the game.

I don't know a lot of the technical issues so i can't propose any improvements on that. But for the game itself there have been some thoughts of my own that can help it, as i am an experienced 'scenario' player:

Firstly, i think it can help the scenario scene if (team- based games), you get less sp by surrendering than defeat. Or in a positive sentence, one gets more sp when he is defeated than he surrenderes. It can encourage players in a team based games to fight on and help your team. However, this can mean that players can '' troll'' and not surrender when the game is already done for. To solve this issue, any team can propose a surrender vote. When it passes the vote by majority the game is finished and the losing side is defeated instead of surrender.

Secondly, there are obvious differences between high ranks and lower. But i see quite often that higher ranks fail in comparison to some lower ranks. To help this issue one could implement a 'new' ranking system , that ranks you by your wins. So one gets points for winning in a map, and loses points by leaving/ losing. In this matter, you get more points relatively than one you lose points. So for example, you get 30 points by winning, and 15 by losing. Or we could just implement '' SP 2'', SP is the normal SP everyone gets from a game, SP 2 is the points you get/ lose from a win/ loss. Just implement elo system from dueling to normal games.

Thirdly, for the scenario maps, it can help to let the join option open for the first few turns. So when a player leaves, someone else can fill it up. This has been mentioned before. and i think it can greatly help fix the 'failed' games issue.

Fourthly, as mentioned in the previous comment. One map should be available for play for any player, prem or not prem each week. It can encourages variety in different plays of maps since non- prems can start it. Also, i think everyone in this map have all '' gen upgrades'' or maybe even all upgrades. In this case non- prems can have the general benefits of a premium as well. Which in turn can help promote non-prems to buy premium.

Fifthly, i miss the protodrops, I remember games with 50+ players last year. Suddenly there was a lot of activity.

Not gonna lie this sums up everything perfectly
----
"You're aren't " - epic backflip
載入中...
載入中...
24.12.2018 - 10:17
 Orc
Hi all!

First, Welcome!

And now a suggestion:

Any ideas for atWar? Yes i do. Look at this suggestion

Idea:
- Melee Attack
- Ranged Attack

Thanks!
載入中...
載入中...
25.12.2018 - 05:32
Hello Dave!
I am a new player, but I've already had a chance to see experianced players bully newbs like me.
BUT, I've also met nice and suportive players (4 example Roscosmos). In my opinion the mods should have more power, but make sure that they don't abuse it. You should add some new stuff like armoured fighting vehicles. Also you should "give" some Balkan countries their capitals (can't remember their names in english coz I am from Croatia , but just go and see what are those).
Best wishes,
Me
載入中...
載入中...
25.12.2018 - 05:36
Don't remove Roleplay, some peple love it, some pople hate it, and some pople (like me) either don't care about it or play it sometimes.
And for those who hate it: You don't have to play it if you don't want to.
載入中...
載入中...
25.12.2018 - 07:28
引句:
引句:
作者: RatWar, 05.12.2018 at 21:23

作者: ulvi., 05.12.2018 at 15:43

4. It takes time to learn this game.
Create a single player mode let players to play against computer. For example i cannot play my favorite maps or scinarios becouse it doesnt fill or it fails becouse of someone. Atwar has great content if you create single player mode you can get millions as profit from these game.

I definitely second this - very interesting point! It would help to learn somewhat, though I learned by getting my butt kicked, like most people here.
The bigest problem is creating the program on which the "Bot" woulde play, you can't just teach him 1 way of playing since the situations difer and its immposible to create a strong computer the only way to create it is by making a PC that learns by itself like they done with Dota 2 but I am prety certain that David dosn't have the founds and resources to make that happends althought I hope he has
載入中...
載入中...
25.12.2018 - 19:32
作者: Penultima, 15.12.2018 at 23:25

People have mentioned how the general makes it play to win. The general does help a lot. One thing we could do is premium for map making. If you make a map and it gets a certain number of plays in a month or votes in a month then you get premium for a month or two.

As I understand it, the General used to be a standard feature. Sometime before I joined, it was a Premium feature. There have been one or two other suggestions on another thread to go back to the previous arrangement.

As far as roleplay is concerned, some people really like roleplay maps. Which is fine, but a lot of rp maps are point farms. This should be addressed. There should be some kind of guideline as far as how much points you should expect to make per turn and per game and each map should adhere to that. I think there should also be a map approving authority for any map that comes out. Basically just to make sure that the map works. We have too many maps that don't work and that no one plays.

There is a system in place with criteria exactly as you describe it - the SP Multiplier. Each map is rated based on the average SP per player compared to the average SP per player on the default World Map. I do not know if this system is applied to scenarios. It is applied to maps, though, and it carries over to scenarios that use the map.

I absolutely positively hate the "Other" units. You start a game, you pick guerilla warfare or mos and then you find out that none of your bonuses apply to stealth units because they're classified as other. I think this category should be gotten rid of completely.

The reason for these is that the creators set the various unit categories with limits to range, attack, defense, etc., etc., that are different for each category. The "other" category has game-limited ranges that are much larger than any other category.

Changing the ranges of possibilities to the various categories and deleting the "other" category is a possibility that has been discussed a few times over the years. I could get behind that.

I would also like to propose introducing a building or emplacement category since some maps use forts and trenches. We could have a strategy and/or upgrades for the category, that focuses on emplacements and buildings. Cheaper buildings or more hp and one more unit per city if it has an emplacement. Just some thoughts.

They are testing Buildings on the test server, and there is significant support in the community to see them implemented. Keep up the pressure, I'm sure we'll see them implemented relatively soon now that we have new, dedicated ownership. Some of the types of buildings were things like a fortress, a factory, a bank, radar/long range view type of installation.
----
Embrace the void
載入中...
載入中...
18.01.2019 - 02:42
Hi David. I hope you will get this game where it once was.
載入中...
載入中...
07.04.2019 - 14:42
Message deleted by Google. Reason: Spam, and player is putting this everywhere. He already made a topic here. https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39162
載入中...
載入中...
Message deleted by Google. Reason: Spam, and player is putting this everywhere. He already made a topic here. https://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=39162
載入中...
載入中...
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!