獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 29   誰瀏覽過: 84 users
31.03.2012 - 14:16

Okay, I know i'm not the best Graphic artist around here, but you get the point. I think the current style is rather bland, and often too descriptive. Classy/artistic/short names for Gametypes' work utterly amazing in some games, giving lead to whole communities. Example is Forgehub, it sounds short and sweet/ easy to remember right? What if it were MapCartographerHub? You see my point. I know, "it's just Afterwind" is what people will say, but what if one day we break the million players mark and other sites dedicated to /aw/ spring up? Gotta stay classy right? Well anyways, I just like shorter names, and they seem to work well in other games. I think icons for gametypes would be nifty, kind of gives Gametypes' their own personality and such. And the two Gametypes' I added; King of the Hill and Pestilence, are also part of this thread. As the pic explains, King of the Hill is exactly what is says, and Pestilence is your basic Infection Gametype. Leave your thoughts, contributions, criticisms and whatnot, but please no off-topic posting or rude¹ comments!

---

Rude¹: To offend the author of a work in a way that is off-topic, or to blatantly say an idea is void for off-topic reasons or purposes. EX: "Your idea is retarded", the poster gave no reason as to why, only that it was "Retarded".
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 14:22
I like the King of the Hill idea.
----
"In atWar you either die a hero or live long enough to ally fag and gang bang some poor bastards."
~Goblin

"In this game, everyone is hated."
~Xenosapien
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 14:24
I like the idea of the King of the Hill gametype, but it's too much like Capture Target Country. I don't think it's needed to remake any of the already existing types.

Also, takedown would be much better if the goal of the game was to kill a certain player or even if each player had a different, random player to kill, and the first one to do it wins the game.

And Pestilence is too artificial intelligence intensive, I don't think it has any chance of being implemented.
----
作者: Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 14:36
作者: notserral, 31.03.2012 at 14:24

I like the idea of the King of the Hill gametype, but it's too much like Capture Target Country. I don't think it's needed to remake any of the already existing types.

Also, takedown would be much better if the goal of the game was to kill a certain player or even if each player had a different, random player to kill, and the first one to do it wins the game.

And Pestilence is too artificial intelligence intensive, I don't think it has any chance of being implemented.

King of the Hill uses a score system; A random hill (country) on the selected map is highlighted as the current hill, and it stays that way until it is taken over, or until a new hill is randomly selected (can be set: default is 2 turns). This is different from the current "Capture the country" in the fact that in "Capture the country" you only capture one country, and as soon as you capture it the game is over. In this, you will have to capture more than one, and you must capture 10 before somebody else. Also, if someone invades you and you die, you may leave the game or try again and start somewhere else. All units get a range boost, so that capturing the hill isn't an actual task, it's defending it. Every city on the map would have 1 militia default etc. I couldn't add the rest of this because of space issues.

Takedown is capture the country; only renamed to sound better, the idea you said sounds good, but it sounds like a completely different task, almost like Doppelgängers'- well guess what, you just invented another game type!

Actually, I could make a Pestilence scenario right now if I wanted (at least I think, will explain), all that is required, is to set Events' in the scenario that say "This player will start with France on turn 1, and on turn 2 will get Germany and Italy" and so on. Every turn, a new event would take place, and that CPU would get another set of countries', as thought the "Infection" is spreading. It would be amazing if this could be done in a scenario, but i'm not sure if it can, as I don't use events and know nothing about them. But you get my point, it's not exactly difficult to make. Like capture the country, it could have set versions' (in CTCs' case, set countries, like Hawaii), where the infection could start in africa, or in asia, etc.
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 15:22
King of the Hill: I think that should exist several control points in the map then, that award 1 point per turn. In the end, the dude with the most points win, not the one with most SP (or the one who gets to a set amount first). I don't think range boosts should exist and I think there should be several set control points (configurable how many), not random ones popping up each turn.

And I think Capture the country should remain that name and Takedown be added as a different gametype, where once you start you have the objective to kill a random similarly ranked player.
----

載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 15:38
作者: notserral, 31.03.2012 at 15:22

King of the Hill: I think that should exist several control points in the map then, that award 1 point per turn. In the end, the dude with the most points win, not the one with most SP (or the one who gets to a set amount first). I don't think range boosts should exist and I think there should be several set control points (configurable how many), not random ones popping up each turn.

And I think Capture the country should remain that name and Takedown be added as a different gametype, where once you start you have the objective to kill a random similarly ranked player.

@Your KOTH suggestion: That is what a regular game of afterwind is like. There should be no KOTH if this is what it would be like, just replace "Points" with "SP" and "Several control points" with "other players", and there you go! It's a Classic game of "Capture the capitol".

@Takedown suggestion: "Capture the country" is just a tad long, by about 3 letters. I still think "Doppelgängers'" is a better name for your idea , "Takedown" refers to the act of taking down another countries government, take Iraq for example. In my opinion, "Takedown" has more in common with the act rather than the pairing of two and the goal of defeat upon the other; we should meet in the middle. Oh, and programming the game to pair you with a similarly ranked player sounds harder than programming countries becoming a CPUs' in Pestilence
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 16:15
I like Pestilence,
you can add one more mode:
Nuclear Warfare.
xD
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 16:35
Me gusta
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 16:45
作者: notserral, 31.03.2012 at 14:24

--------------------------------------------

Yes this is a winner for me
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 17:51
作者: Garde, 31.03.2012 at 15:38

@Your KOTH suggestion: That is what a regular game of afterwind is like. There should be no KOTH if this is what it would be like, just replace "Points" with "SP" and "Several control points" with "other players", and there you go! It's a Classic game of "Capture the capitol".

@Takedown suggestion: "Capture the country" is just a tad long, by about 3 letters. I still think "Doppelgängers'" is a better name for your idea , "Takedown" refers to the act of taking down another countries government, take Iraq for example. In my opinion, "Takedown" has more in common with the act rather than the pairing of two and the goal of defeat upon the other; we should meet in the middle. Oh, and programming the game to pair you with a similarly ranked player sounds harder than programming countries becoming a CPUs' in Pestilence

And how is doppelgängers related to violent killing of a target? :p
----

載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 18:32
 YOBA
I liked your explanation of pestilence, proved we don't need AI to do it. However, it will actually be extremely difficult to pull off right. If it's just a bunch of linear events, players will easily be able to get around the problems. It would have to be a procedural system of taking countries, and that would be about as hard to code than a decent AI...

I'm not sure about King of the Hill. This would have to be a scenario thing, because starting with just 1 country would... well, not make it work out so easily. Because they could just go for each others' capitals and end the game, y'know? Maybe the "hill" could receive extra reinforcements/income so its owner would be appropriately rewarded for their efforts. Also, I think 10 weeks is tad too long, I'd say something like 6 is about right.
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 22:14
WE NEED A CAPTURE THE FLAG GAME TYPE. just think about it. you capture a capital or city, then you make an airtransport and fly it back to your capitol and you win the game!
----
作者: NateBaller, 30.08.2012 at 20:04

I make Americans look bad? Are you kidding me?
載入中...
載入中...
31.03.2012 - 23:43
作者: DURRHUNTER, 31.03.2012 at 22:14

WE NEED A CAPTURE THE FLAG GAME TYPE. just think about it. you capture a capital or city, then you make an airtransport and fly it back to your capitol and you win the game!

I already had this idea, but didn't post it because I know people would be butthurt and say "We already have capture country, so this idea is retarded".

作者: YOBA, 31.03.2012 at 18:32

I liked your explanation of pestilence, proved we don't need AI to do it. However, it will actually be extremely difficult to pull off right. If it's just a bunch of linear events, players will easily be able to get around the problems. It would have to be a procedural system of taking countries, and that would be about as hard to code than a decent AI...

I'm not sure about King of the Hill. This would have to be a scenario thing, because starting with just 1 country would... well, not make it work out so easily. Because they could just go for each others' capitals and end the game, y'know? Maybe the "hill" could receive extra reinforcements/income so its owner would be appropriately rewarded for their efforts. Also, I think 10 weeks is tad too long, I'd say something like 6 is about right.

In my other post, I stated that if a players' cap is taken, they are free to respawn. We could also make it so players' lose countries after every turn (I start with Poland, get Germany turn 2 and lose Poland, get France turn 3 and lose Germany, and take the current hill, Spain and lose France on turn 4). If you were to only have one country, you wouldn't lose it. Is that hard to program? I don't know, just thought I'd put it out. But players dying shouldn't be a big problem, as the only way to end a game is to get 10 hill weeks, even if you took every player out you'd still have to get the hills. Maybe make it so the only usable units are Militia and air trans?
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 00:34
Thread updated; includes new gametypes and reworked Takedown.

I should explain something: Each of these gametypes should be massively different, I feel like the present state of /aw/ is "Conquer'n'kill", and it really weens me off playing. I was, and always will be addicted to games like Halo because they offer so many options. I think after pop. casualties and cargo ships are made, gametypes should be the main focus; give more things to do to players.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 09:44
Classic Mode:
Afterwind with standar game rules. and x1.1 SP.
??

Conquest:
Remake of capture homeland country.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 12:43
Will be renaming "classic" conquest, may add a few more gamtypes. After that, no changes to the existing pic will be added, so please post anything about this you want befire I make the summary and get it locked for further approval etc.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 13:32
 YOBA
Capture the Flag sounds pretty good.

I find Relay a bit confusing. Can you explain further? Will those waypoints be in something like a straight line? How can a waypoint be captured by two powers at the same time? Will those two powers be fighting each other?

There's a lot left to explain, but it sounds pretty darn good!
----
YOBA:
Youth-Oriented, Bydło-Approved
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 13:57
作者: YOBA, 01.04.2012 at 13:32

Capture the Flag sounds pretty good.

I find Relay a bit confusing. Can you explain further? Will those waypoints be in something like a straight line? How can a waypoint be captured by two powers at the same time? Will those two powers be fighting each other?

There's a lot left to explain, but it sounds pretty darn good!

I was going to name Relay "Race", but that sounded rather bland. It basically is a race, everyone should start as a city or a very small country, and everyone must conquer every waypoint. More than one person can own a waypoint at a time. The waypoint could be anywhere- it could be set in scenarios'. When more than one person owns a waypoint, it's multicolored (remember the old google loading thing? Like that. I'll find a pic). At every waypoint a battle occurs, if there are say, 10 players, the bottom five who lose units the fastest or lose the most start back from the last waypoint or from the beginning, almost like a Board game. It still has a lot of work to go through, but if people like the idea enough i'll be more than happy to go into super-detail, and sorry for the shit-grammar and hastey-ness of this post, doing 5 things at once.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 17:16
I agree that afterwind should have more game types and a redesigned layout that resembles the one depicted here, though I don't think some of those proposed game types would work out, or they are too similar.
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 17:19
作者: TDFall, 01.04.2012 at 17:16

I agree that afterwind should have more game types and a redesigned layout that resembles the one depicted here, though I don't think some of those proposed game types would work out, or they are too similar.

Please explain more ?
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 18:00
作者: Garde, 01.04.2012 at 17:19

Please explain more ?

Well, when you made all those things up there, I realized we should really get a redesign of the game screen to look more like a retail game. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm thinking of something a little more flashy and refined-looking than a faded world map against a dark teal background.

Perhaps something like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/oz_the_geek/gamesetupscreen.jpg
or http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/gamereviews/coh/cohskirmishsetuplg.jpg

Anyway, about the game types, Relay seems a lot like King of the Hill, which seems a lot like Capture Country
Also, since we don't even have any code for CPU players, we should probably settle for Pestilence with a player being the "infected" guy.
----
Qui non proficit, deficit. UCR 5/5/11-2/14/12. 6/17/12 - Coniunctum, sumus invicta.
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 18:13
作者: TDFall, 01.04.2012 at 18:00

作者: Garde, 01.04.2012 at 17:19

Please explain more ?

Well, when you made all those things up there, I realized we should really get a redesign of the game screen to look more like a retail game. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm thinking of something a little more flashy and refined-looking than a faded world map against a dark teal background.

Perhaps something like http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v392/oz_the_geek/gamesetupscreen.jpg
or http://www.wolfmanzbytes.com/gamereviews/coh/cohskirmishsetuplg.jpg

Anyway, about the game types, Relay seems a lot like King of the Hill, which seems a lot like Capture Country
Also, since we don't even have any code for CPU players, we should probably settle for Pestilence with a player being the "infected" guy.

Actually, I was thinking the same thing! Except in my head, instead of the backdrop being a map, it was smoke rising. No clue why, just seems like it would fit. Maybe a different backdrop for every screen? Anyways, I know what you mean by similarity, however, iv'e already gone over how KOTH and CTC ("Blackguard") are different. Have you ever played King of the Hill on Halo? Imagine something like that being the version on afterwind, only with countries. CTC however, is more like racing to take down a rogue country. And @the code comment, the admins haven't said anything here yet, so we only have speculation in that department. Thanks for the input
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 18:24
Also, does an option called "Random gametype" sound cool?
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 18:59
作者: Garde, 31.03.2012 at 14:16

Okay, I know i'm not the best Graphic artist around here, but you get the point. I think the current style is rather bland, and often too descriptive. Classy/artistic/short names for Gametypes' work utterly amazing in some games, giving lead to whole communities. Example is Forgehub, it sounds short and sweet/ easy to remember right? What if it were MapCartographerHub? You see my point. I know, "it's just Afterwind" is what people will say, but what if one day we break the million players mark and other sites dedicated to /aw/ spring up? Gotta stay classy right? Well anyways, I just like shorter names, and they seem to work well in other games. I think icons for gametypes would be nifty, kind of gives Gametypes' their own personality and such. And the two Gametypes' I added; King of the Hill and Pestilence, are also part of this thread. As the pic explains, King of the Hill is exactly what is says, and Pestilence is your basic Infection Gametype. Leave your thoughts, contributions, criticisms and whatnot, but please no off-topic posting or rude¹ comments!

---

Rude¹: To offend the author of a work in a way that is off-topic, or to blatantly say an idea is void for off-topic reasons or purposes. EX: "Your idea is retarded", the poster gave no reason as to why, only that it was "Retarded".

we can make a new Game Icons like this:

tha flag means team game, the number of player is added on the bottom,middle.
and the numbers in the middle with the number of players is changed for a icon of the game mode...
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 19:01
作者: Tundy, 01.04.2012 at 18:59

作者: Garde, 31.03.2012 at 14:16

---

we can make a new Game Icons like this:

tha flag means team game, the number of player is added on the bottom,middle.
and the numbers in the middle with the number of players is changed for a icon of the game mode...

I like this...but I was actually working on a redesign of some aspects in the lobby, to accommodate this idea...
載入中...
載入中...
01.04.2012 - 23:58
Pestilence seems like it would require AI, otherwise the pattern of the spread would become far too predictable and turn the game into Blackguard. Relay seems like it might be hard to implement, so I wouldn't anticipate that one any time soon. For Takedown, I think it would work better as Assassin, where each player gets a random player to take down, and when you kill that player, you get his target. Last man standing wins. I prefer the suggested methods of King of the Hill to the original idea, but I like the idea of implementing that style of gameplay. Having random hills will just result in each player focusing on killing the others, while strategic targets will allow smaller empires to control strategic points. However, props on getting these ideas rolling, and everything I didn't comment on seems like it would work well to me.
載入中...
載入中...
02.04.2012 - 09:12
作者: omeganaut, 01.04.2012 at 23:58

Pestilence seems like it would require AI, otherwise the pattern of the spread would become far too predictable and turn the game into Blackguard. Relay seems like it might be hard to implement, so I wouldn't anticipate that one any time soon. For Takedown, I think it would work better as Assassin, where each player gets a random player to take down, and when you kill that player, you get his target. Last man standing wins. I prefer the suggested methods of King of the Hill to the original idea, but I like the idea of implementing that style of gameplay. Having random hills will just result in each player focusing on killing the others, while strategic targets will allow smaller empires to control strategic points. However, props on getting these ideas rolling, and everything I didn't comment on seems like it would work well to me.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it. We talked about Pestilence earlier, where it could have many variations, and variations of those variations, but yeah that's true. At one point or another someone will figure it out, so we'll see where that goes. Takedown works' as your basic elimination sort of gametype, except that everyone is paired up. I think Pulse said it earlier. And sorry, but I don't like the Assasin idea. It strays to close to Blackguard, as many of these did before I changed them up a bit. @KOTH comment, the randomness makes' it so one player can't hold one country and win like that. That is basically Blackguard x4 at a time. And right now, nobody even plays' Blackguard, so I don't think we want to stray down That Road.
載入中...
載入中...
06.01.2021 - 20:12
Bump
----
hi
載入中...
載入中...
06.01.2021 - 20:53
作者: soft goth avery, 06.01.2021 at 20:12

Bump
----
Not a good player
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!