發表: 11   誰瀏覽過: 114 users
15.09.2016 - 01:48
Awesome, dude!

----
Embrace the void
載入中...
載入中...
15.09.2016 - 02:57
Low ranks will have fun playing these maps 50k , until they become high rank and join real games , in real maps and pick RC in 3v3 , wf ukr t1 and cap t2

seriously no one cares abotu these maps , its not like people gonna play them every day...or play them at all
----

載入中...
載入中...
15.09.2016 - 08:20
 Evic
Basing atwar on competitive is the biggest mistake ivan and amok made, most people dont want to play bland world default map all the time. Scenarios are the thing that can attract a crowd, case in point is vlads videos, one of them had 300ish k views and the rest get thousands regulary meanwhile even the most known AW youtubers ( if you wanna call them that) get few hundred views on their EU+ videos max.

If i didnt start playing scenarios i would most likely quit as a r5 as world games and shit were too boring.
載入中...
載入中...
15.09.2016 - 09:29
 Evic
作者: Guest, 15.09.2016 at 09:05

Either way here I am posting some content to help the community and CE still comes to bash on me? Like no wonder this community is dying when we have toxic individuals like him.

keep calm and ignore the retards, words to live by.
載入中...
載入中...
15.09.2016 - 20:44
I really enjoy the competitive aspect of the game. What is special about the customization of atWar, as far as I am concerned, is to experiment with various attempts at "accurate" historical maps and units, both real and fictional. Plus, custom maps are fun because they have their own variety/advantages/disadvantages in geography, income, production value, etc.

They aren't all spam. They don't have to be gazillion-unit scenarios to be fun. In fact, most of my scenarios involve no more than a handful of bonus units on turn 2 in order to help balance out subtleties in the different regions of the map (4v4 on jammyme's Houses of Westeros).

Dreamworld is very well-balanced for its intended purpose, which is 4v4 or smaller team games and CWs. It's not exactly symmetrical in terms of geography, which keeps things interesting, but each side is comparable. Very competitive. You can't really get that kind of balance when you are locked into the World Map and subsections thereof. Destoria is another good example, and Lunatis is a good example for larger teams.

An excellent example of creative and worthwhile mapmaking in atWar has been the array of thorough, detailed, balanced and very popular GoT maps, my particular favorites being jammyme's Houses of Westeros, Pulse's Song of Ice and Fire, BASED Ironail's Map of Ice and Fire, and Realking's extreme Westeros (technically a spam map with a 50% SP multiplier, but the cartography is excellent). They have all provided respectable balance with a variety of "accurate" units for each region, as well as great work with the borders and extensive networks of navigable rivers.

Another good example of out-of-the-box thinking for balanced competitive maps are Columna Durruti's World of Eben maps. I have multiple scenarios (presets, basically, no actual events) for these maps, for both 2v2v2 and 3v3v3 team games (a player from each team starts on a different one of the three continents). As long as people don't time out right away, they are very competitive.

I have to stop here - I could go all night on this subject...a few of these maps from the OP would make great, competitive maps - particularly the 1st, 3rd, 4th and 6th maps under the "fantasy" heading.
----
Embrace the void
載入中...
載入中...
16.09.2016 - 01:04
Wow, some really cool maps, trystane...valcia look great! and second to last posted map of old europe looks cool...would be nice to have alternatives to: Battle of Middle Earth and EC Ancient
載入中...
載入中...
16.09.2016 - 01:04
Darth Zero
帳戶已刪除
載入中...
載入中...
16.09.2016 - 01:05
Eu+ and world maps...b000000000riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg....nerf that SP to 50% multiplier
載入中...
載入中...
20.09.2016 - 02:54
Looks pretty cool
----
載入中...
載入中...
22.09.2016 - 10:06
The random fantasy maps are really good, are they copyrighted?
----
Someone Better Than You
載入中...
載入中...
23.09.2016 - 00:28
作者: Zephyrusu, 22.09.2016 at 10:06

The random fantasy maps are really good, are they copyrighted?

I zoomed in on some of them, and there are copyrights in the corners of at least one...others have enough information on them that you can do a quick online search and find out where they come from. I do not know where the one with all the French on it came from - whether it's part of an existing game or story illustration, or just a map someone came up with and let it go at that. Same with the one that has a few Germanic names along the northern mountain range.

From such searches, I discovered that Valcia is actually the name of a book (or series, I forget which), and that map was an illustration of the fictional world in the book(s). The one with the white background and tan land masses is actually an inset of a larger map of Vana'diel from Final Fantasy XI. I really like that map, but since it is known, then it would probably bug people to have completely made up names and cities and units that have nothing to do with FFXI (and it's probably copyrighted by someone).

Only one of those fantasy maps have absolutely no clue as to what fictional world it might represent or who did it.
----
Embrace the void
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!