獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 5   誰瀏覽過: 45 users
08.06.2016 - 08:36
Hi there everyone,
As you may/may not know I've been working on a detailed middle east scenario map since a couple weeks ago. I started it last year but picked it up again in may this year.
The map is about the strategic situation in the middle east post Israeli Lebanon war 2006-7. I'm intending to make a detailed scenario game, where each country (or 1-2 countries) plays a particular side, and has its own objective. Endgame is somewhere around 2020-2025. Whoever, big or small, reaches their objective first (namely "comes out on top" in that particular timeframe) wins.
I'm also adding external agents to the game, such as US and Russia, which will play from their respective strategic carriers/ports, and will have a distinctive set of objectives, probably more money related, which will enable them to buy a super unit and win the game (possibly through the conquest of a special victory node).
The game will begin around 2006-2010, so the situation on the ground is relatively "known": Syria is still at peace, albeit with growing unrest, the US still has boots on the ground in Iraq and Israel is fresh from a war with Lebanon, which left Hezbollah strengtheneted, and is still in conflict with Palestine like never before.
Your goal will be to "play the game to the best of your ability", no matter the size of your faction (even small countries like the Emirates or the Palestinians can win).

What does that mean? The bigger your starting funds/faction, the bigger your goals. So we'll try to keep everything proportionate, and the game balanced.
Anyone who plays the US, for example, will quickly realize that in order to win, they're gonna have to end the costly occupation in Iraq (but retain the oil fields), and start investing their revenue in spy planes/drones/satellites, in order to take out terrorists which might harm your 'special interests' in the region. The terorrists (ISIS and affiliates) will also be hard pressed in that, in order to stay afloat, they're gonna have to hide their units and strike, en masse, in order to achieve victory (I was thinking maybe make ISIS' goal be to conquer the US carrier, but that may be a bit too much). Russia will also soon realize it needs to keep Syria alive, as well as aid Iran, in order to protect and keep its oil and gas pipelines online and its steady supply of cash coming from that region.

Each player might have an exclusive 'victory' node, only conquerable by a specific unit, which can be recruited after a series of objectives are met. For example, for Syria I was thinking: If Assad survives for 40-45 turns, a small, special army will show up in the vicinity of damascus, which will allow the player to conquer Victory node - Syria, and win the game. The same I think for the Palestinians. The US and Russia will probably have a special victory node which is conquerable only if they hire a super expensive unit, thus motivating whoever's playing them to secure oil fields and resources, and gather more money. And it goes on and on and on for every country (even the minor ones like the israelis and palestinians). I'm thinking the goal of the Israelis is to wipe out Palestine and Hezbollah, and the goal of the Palestinians could be retaking East Jerusalem, but I'm still not sure. Turkey could have an objective such as wipe out the Kurds, and the Kurds could have an objective like 'survive for 45 turns' or something (again using the trick with the 'victory node' and rare units).

I'm also thinking about adding a tech tree to the map, which will exist in a separate, no-go, area and will allow countries like the US and Russia to divest some of that money they're making to building more advanced, futuristic units. That will work the way that this separate, 'boxed' no-go area will have a sequence of nodes to be conquered, and the final node being a capital of a country with a city outside the closed box, which will exclusively allow for the recruitment of advanced planes and units.

Here are some pictures of the work in progress (I'm 95% done with the borders):
Israel-Palestine Situation:
http://imgur.com/bw8yMxb
South Lebanon/Syria Situation (Pre Arab Spring, but I'm looking to add ISIS/FSA elements/cells to simulate revolution and dissent)
http://imgur.com/3IJ2kyE

If anyone would like to help, I need help with adding units and testing. Ideas are welcome and your name goes to the credits!

Thank you all, have a nice day!

NOTE: I already have the terrain, taken from google, a beautiful 9500x9500 terrain map from the entire middle east, but I'm not working with it right now. The reason for this is it's too heavy and takes up too much time to save/load. But I'll add it to the final map so don't worry.
----
Brothers will fight
and kill each other,
sisters' children
will defile kinship.
It is harsh in the world,
whoredom rife
—an axe age, a sword age
—shields are riven—
a wind age, a wolf age—
before the world goes headlong.
No man will have
mercy on another.
載入中...
載入中...
08.06.2016 - 12:34
Blah.
----

載入中...
載入中...
09.06.2016 - 05:43
C'mon, say something nice
----
Brothers will fight
and kill each other,
sisters' children
will defile kinship.
It is harsh in the world,
whoredom rife
—an axe age, a sword age
—shields are riven—
a wind age, a wolf age—
before the world goes headlong.
No man will have
mercy on another.
載入中...
載入中...
10.06.2016 - 06:00
Looks nice so far! keep the good work up
載入中...
載入中...
10.06.2016 - 08:36
作者: Professor Adog, 08.06.2016 at 12:34

Blah.

Adog! Don't be a douche to this guy and I might consider giving you a cookie! if you have any suggestions for issler, go ahead and help him

On topic, I am personally a noob and haven't ever made a map so I don't know how is it possible to handle so many different objectives at once but the idea could be nice as long as you don't make it too imbalanced nor too much of a spam fest map (meaning, too many reinforcements, cities and money). Also, be careful with "special units" and don't add too many, just in case it becomes a mess or something XD Gl with your project!
----
Don't ever look down on someone unless you're helping him up. Don't ever treat someone else the way you wouldn't want others to treat you.
We're all people.

載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!