獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 24   誰瀏覽過: 100 users
08.08.2015 - 21:08
Hey guys, i just thought of an idea of an Automated ban system which is linked with the custom rules so that if someone leaves before turn 6 like in Fappy's roleplay, they get banned for a certain period of time which stops them from joining other game and ruining them, Another example if they attack before turn 6, again like Fappy's roleplay, they get banned for not following rules,

Of course the problem is, atwar never responds to my emails nor to my friends which is making atwar very unstable, of course im not sure if the atwar developers will actually bother taking this into account but please upvote this if you think this is a good idea, and please reply with any other things which may be included or if you think this might not be a good idea,

thanks
----
You Touch me and i'll hit twice you hard, If you smash me, ill thump you, if you destroy me, i will obliterate you, if you disintegrate me, i will banish you from every known record.
載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 21:14
1) Your system have a lot of flaws, it can be that the player had to go, for example. It also looks incredibly hard to coding (but don't take my word, I'm still not a programmer...).

2) Not much person cares about RP in this community... sadly.

作者: TrainyUK, 08.08.2015 at 21:08

Of course the problem is, atwar never responds to my emails nor to my friends which is making atwar very unstable

You hit right in the hole.

Admins are busy in HTML, but Amok is a lot more active in forum than before. So maybe you get a reply from him
載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 21:19
But the thing is, whats the point of joining a game, if u need to go, i also check if i need to do something before i join an RP so that i dont end up leaving as that just causes anger, of course im not just directing this at RP its kinda based on all maps and scenarios, like GoT
----
You Touch me and i'll hit twice you hard, If you smash me, ill thump you, if you destroy me, i will obliterate you, if you disintegrate me, i will banish you from every known record.
載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 21:31
作者: TrainyUK, 08.08.2015 at 21:19

But the thing is, whats the point of joining a game, if u need to go,

Emergencies happens at everytime...

But yeah, I think a Ban for 15 minutes or so would'be good, I think Pulse already suggested something related before:

作者: notserral, 24.07.2015 at 10:11

作者: Tik-Tok, 23.07.2015 at 17:53

作者: notserral, 22.07.2015 at 21:55
What made them leave - and what makes all of us eventually leave - is the staleness of the game. With HTML 5 coming we hope it will change, but playing the same things over and over, the same strategies... well that doesn't add a lot of replay value, does it?

Agreed to an extent. My biggest issue was waiting over an hour for a game only to have someone leave it within the first few turns. I found the culprits multiple times, I had mapbanned them on their main accounts, screen capped and showed mods who they were and what they did. I showed chat logs of them admitting guilt, showed alt accounts showing they were the same people and mods basically laughed and said they could do nothing.

After revamping maps and hosting them with multiple failures over a 6 hour period due to alt account leavers, I said 'fuck it' and realized Atwar wasn't worth my time. I played less and less and then I didn't have the time at all.

This isn't going to change. It will never change. I don't see how HTML5 will do anything to improve this. I've seen this happen in many communities and forums, if you let the trolls and griefers run riot, the players will simply leave and never look back. All you are left with afterwards is those griefers and it all turns to shit.

Let it burn...

It isn't, but there are ways. I don't personally like the Banlist, as it adds a layer of arbitrarity to it, where players and mods have their own different set of arbitrary rules to enforce or prevent bans. I think an automated system would be much, much better.

• Enforce an automatic map ban for 4 hours if the user leaves before turn 4. Reincidence should multiply the number of hours. If a player leaves, then everyone is free to leave the game as well, so as not to ban people for trying to remake.
  • Make sure wallfucking is not possible if the players were at peace in the previous turn

What do you think?

載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 21:32
作者: TrainyUK, 08.08.2015 at 21:19

But the thing is, whats the point of joining a game, if u need to go, i also check if i need to do something before i join an RP so that i dont end up leaving as that just causes anger, of course im not just directing this at RP its kinda based on all maps and scenarios, like GoT

theirs plenty of things that happen in real life that are not planned. Not everyone has time to spend 1-3+ hrs in a scenario game. theirs plenty of times i have to leave without knowing ahead of time.
----
If the king does not lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?

載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 22:56
Leaver in rp is good
----
Hi
載入中...
載入中...
08.08.2015 - 23:29
If you leave before turn 3, you don't deserve to play ever again
載入中...
載入中...
09.08.2015 - 08:01
 brianwl (管理員)
Having consequences for those ruining a game is not a new discussion. A quick search in the forums will result in several good threads discussing the problems in implementing a system. Here is one though: http://atwar-game.com/forum/topic.php?topic_id=18253&topicsearch=&page=1

To suggest mods and admin don't respond
"the problem is, atwar never responds to my emails nor to my friends"
is somewhat misleading. It is true that not every mod is going to respond to every thought that pops into a players head
"Hey guys, i just thought of an idea"

but i haven't received an email from you on this.

I can't speak for the mods who aren't responding to you, but i would suspect that given there are dozens of forum topics dedicated to this general issue of players ruining games, it probably isn't considered too important if you haven't looked to see what has already been suggested, and what the issues are of implementing a system.

That said, it is something many mods agree with in principal, but it has proven difficult to find a workable solution that solves the problem, without being so punitive as to interfere with player enjoyment.

Your idea is worthy of consideration, although as has been pointed out, it would be several week/months before admin can respond to this as the focus is on html5 debugging and other items they consider higher priority.
----

載入中...
載入中...
09.08.2015 - 08:05
Ghost
帳戶已刪除
作者: Legendary Hero, 08.08.2015 at 22:56

Leaver in rp is good

載入中...
載入中...
09.08.2015 - 17:06
I like this idea, automatic ban system for the ones who break rules is a good thing and eases our task as mapmakers to enforce rules, however, it's not a high priority issue since we have HTML5 coming up, but I'd definitely like this to be implemented in some away, and even if players cant stay the entire game, taking example from my game, which leavers are banned if they leave before turn 6 it would still "teach" players how to behave, and of course not all bans would be for a very long time, they could be for 1 hour or just some minutes or even a week..

Cheers.
----
載入中...
載入中...
09.08.2015 - 21:23
I support the idea of a short automatic ban. ~30 minutes, say.

If you left the game on a legitimate emergency, that won't be a problem. Do your business, come back, and your ban has basically ended.
But if you left the game to troll or whatever, then you'll be stopped for half an hour from playing again.
載入中...
載入中...
09.08.2015 - 21:43
*P.S: I don't support the ban system as any kind-of substitute of the current ban list system
載入中...
載入中...
10.08.2015 - 06:01
作者: International, 09.08.2015 at 21:23

I support the idea of a short automatic ban. ~30 minutes, say.

If you left the game on a legitimate emergency, that won't be a problem. Do your business, come back, and your ban has basically ended.
But if you left the game to troll or whatever, then you'll be stopped for half an hour from playing again.

Pretty much what I meant.

I think an Automated Ban System should be added to the current Ban System in place, it woul mean Mapmakers could set up a ban time limit (example 30minutes or 2 hours) to prevent trolls from messing remakes if they get banned for let's say 30minutes, of course this would have to be regulated and used fairly with no abuses.
----
載入中...
載入中...
10.08.2015 - 14:28
I think the ban list should be revised and some sort of leaver prevention should be enforced. Something automatic:
* leaving before turn 4 = 4 hour ban from that map
* if someone leaves, everyone else can leave without issues (so as not to force everyone to play in a failed game)
----
作者: Mahdi, 23.11.2013 at 20:30

I don't consider the phrase "massive fag" to be an insult. Mods did.
載入中...
載入中...
10.08.2015 - 14:58
作者: notserral, 10.08.2015 at 14:28

I think the ban list should be revised and some sort of leaver prevention should be enforced. Something automatic:
* leaving before turn 4 = 4 hour ban from that map
* if someone leaves, everyone else can leave without issues (so as not to force everyone to play in a failed game)

I believe "leaving" needs to be defined. I completely support a harsh penalty for players timing out in a game instead of abandoning or surrendering, particularly in casual games, and should be for anytime they time out during any game. As for leaving by a surrender or abandon, I think a 4hr ban is to harsh. And does banning really work as a determent to bad players? If the Trolls know they need to wait 4 hrs to get around the ban, then that's what they will do. I say hit them where it hurts and fine them SP, ie: you timeout in a game you lose 50 SP. Players start losing SP for bad game play, they will change their ways or have no SP. It would work, in my opinion, unless they don't care about SP.
----
"The edge is never very far away, when you're hanging on by your fingernails." ©
載入中...
載入中...
10.08.2015 - 15:03
I think a day ban would prevent people from leaving games.
Good idea!
載入中...
載入中...
14.08.2015 - 00:22
I think we should ban rp players on 30 years. Just tought.
----
No such thing as a good girl, you are just not the right guy.

載入中...
載入中...
14.08.2015 - 11:27
作者: theFuehrer, 10.08.2015 at 15:03

I think a day ban would prevent people from leaving games.
Good idea!

I already teach them a lesson by baning them for 1month-permanently for leaving RP's that took 1 hour to fill.
----
載入中...
載入中...
15.08.2015 - 23:39
As I said too hard + lazy amok wait till he finish HTML5
----

載入中...
載入中...
16.08.2015 - 00:03
作者: Al Fappino, 14.08.2015 at 11:27

I already teach them a lesson by baning them for 1month-permanently for leaving RP's that took 1 hour to fill.

Good!
載入中...
載入中...
16.08.2015 - 04:01
I suggest a 1 month ban for everyone joining RP that should solve ur problem
----
Seule la victoire est belle
載入中...
載入中...
28.08.2015 - 17:42
I remember days when Ban list wasn't introduced,i could ruin whole day RP games.Just enter choose country and leave.
載入中...
載入中...
28.08.2015 - 21:15
Nobody in here can have a proper debate about map making regulation, because all the people posting here are trolls.
載入中...
載入中...
28.08.2015 - 22:40
It's a cool system if it is possible to be implemented but there is always a chance that there can be bugs and mishaps that happen. Honestly what we have now (in my opinion) is fine. Also its a pretty bad time to ask for a suggestion for coding considering the fact that amok and ivan are working intensively on html ontop of working day jobs. But if the system can be implemented it could be good to try out for a little bit to see if its good
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!