獲得高級隱藏所有廣告
發表: 15   誰瀏覽過: 608 users
26.05.2011 - 17:03
This came to me while looking up trans-siberia railway
during testing i placed air transports forming a continuous line from taiwan to iceland.
i moved an infantry onto a air transport then stopped it right in front of another transport and so forth, however stopping short in greece, since the infantry cannot make the transfer to the other air transport
or if you stack the max-ed out air transport with another, the range gets averaged out between the 2 air transports
takes about 12 air transports to get to switzerland

then i thought of a solution, a mix of air transports and sea transports,
this way the troops does not have to move an inch,
started in taiwan, via sea of japan then bering straight, passing anchorage, going against the alaska current and ending in vancouver,
the troops boarded the air transport, then takes the air transport and stack it with a sea transport, and the range of the transport won't be affected
then sea transport takes them to the next air transport
this method works well, and could technically circumnavigate the globe

but then realized the cost of 20 air transport and 20 sea transport is through the roof..
and also that air transport could only carry 3-4 troops each unit.
this might work in scenarios when you have fixed troops or tons of money. literally.
載入中...
載入中...
26.05.2011 - 18:31
So what your telling us is a capture the flag mode isn"t viable eh?
載入中...
載入中...
26.05.2011 - 19:57
I dont know its just some random idea i got haha
載入中...
載入中...
29.05.2011 - 09:12
I like this and will try it solid plan
載入中...
載入中...
29.05.2011 - 09:22
That is pretty cool actually.
----
Hello, I listen to Shakira and Rihanna and I support the multiculturalisation of Europe : )
載入中...
載入中...
29.05.2011 - 11:54
I use chain transports often and the thought often occurs to me to try to set things like this up, but it's just so cost prohibitive it's ridiculous. It would really only be viable in a scenario.
載入中...
載入中...
07.06.2011 - 00:50
Nice.

I was thinking about doing the exact a while back, using an air transport chain to get across eurasia.

What's that saying, great minds think alike? Now if only we could confirm that one of us has a great mind
----
lol. NO!
載入中...
載入中...
07.06.2011 - 03:49
You don't need Sea Transports, just more Air Transports:

If you move the units just behind the next transport, move the current transport away from them, and pick them up with the other ones the infantry need not move atall.

This is viably cheaper in many cases than having a mix, as you won't need to divert to sea, where you may well be making inefficent usage of range.
----
peveyom heekaht setuh ei iqeht eineta kelah gohk seluxah gohk
載入中...
載入中...
07.06.2011 - 04:18
The only thing that makes this really impractical is that moving a big stack of troops will take a big stack of transports for each step.

The longer the chain, and the bigger the game area, the less relevant it becomes.
----
lol. NO!
載入中...
載入中...
07.06.2011 - 09:38
Ah, fair point - I'd forgotten about the relative capacity of Sea Transports.
----
peveyom heekaht setuh ei iqeht eineta kelah gohk seluxah gohk
載入中...
載入中...
12.06.2011 - 07:44
I saw gigglin do that with gw I think, if it was more viable it's a very stong way to move units and most of all unexpected attacks (reinforcements have run out in the front, but with that you can reinforce from the homefront in a turn while everyone's exhausted and on the move).
載入中...
載入中...
30.06.2011 - 15:41
If you need attack/defense units in a far forward position, send bombers. Send an air or sea transport with them if you need ground units take a city. Otherwise, build ground units near the front and bombers in the rear. If you have a lot of reinforcement available, just conquer neutral capital to capital, building units as you go.
載入中...
載入中...
09.07.2011 - 17:59
The bad thing about this is that it takes time. Probably the whole turn to bring 3-4 units across the globe.
----
"There was Eru, the One, who in Arda is called Ilúvatar and he made first the Ainur, the Holy Ones, that were the offspring of his thought, and they were with him before aught else was made."

-The Silmarillion
載入中...
載入中...
11.07.2011 - 12:12
In a game situation, any credible opponent will recognise the transport chain and kill 2 or 3 units of it.
----
Dinner. The imprisonment of arachnids.
載入中...
載入中...
12.07.2011 - 00:03
作者: ncmbad, 11.07.2011 at 12:12

In a game situation, any credible opponent will recognise the transport chain and kill 2 or 3 units of it.

right right
----
SAY IT WITH YO CHEST
載入中...
載入中...
atWar

About Us
Contact

隱私條例 | 服務條例 | 橫額 | Partners

Copyright © 2024 atWar. All rights reserved.

加入我們在

將遊戲傳播出去!